Session times and locations:
Starting June 4
Faith Christian Fellowship
1778 Grange Hall Rd
Beavercreek, OH 45432
Starting June 6
9:30 - 11:30AM
Apex Community Church
5200 Far Hills Ave
Kettering, OH 45429
What to Bring
- Your Bible
- Your Hosea Print Out/Binder
- Visit the Hosea Resources Page to download the Hosea Print Out, Syllabus, Bible Study Tools Handout and Context Questions Handout.
- We recommend putting it all together in a three-ring binder. We have a cover page available for your binders, of you like.
- The discussion questions are also available on the Resource Page. You can print these all at once or print them each week. We encourage you to download the helpful Hosea Glossary, too!
- A writing utensil
- Extra notebook paper for notes
DWITW Kids Details:
- Drop off and Pick up: Drop off for children begins at 9:15AM (discussion begins at 9:30AM). Please be prompt in dropping off and picking up your kids. We know it is summer and things go a bit slower, but we ask that you would be mindful of our volunteers by respecting their time.
- Room Locations
- INFANT, 1 YR OLDS, 2 YR OLDS and 3 YR OLDS will be downstairs in the 45K Hallway near the back entrance.
- 4 YR OLDS, 5-6 YR OLDS and 7-12 YR OLDS will be in a new location this year: upstairs in the blue kids hallway. We will have signs up to show you how to get there from both entrances.
- Children's Belongings: Please mark all of your children's belongings clearly with their name (even diapers and wipes, please!). If your child is potty-training, please bring a marked change of clothes.
- Allergies/Special Needs: Please confirm with our volunteers at Session 1 if your child has any allergies or special needs we should be aware of (this would include potty-training and infant sleeping or feeding instructions).
- Snacks: We will be providing snacks for the kids during the study. Mothers of infants, please bring any milk, formula, food or snacks needed for your child along with instructions on how/when to feed your child.
- Sickness Policy: Please use your best judgment when deciding whether or not to bring a recently ill child into childcare. We suggest not bringing your child if he/she has had a fever, vomited or significant cold symptoms in the last 24 hours before the study.
- New this year: Absence Policy
- Currently, we still have kids on our waitlist. We want every woman and child who desires to study God's Word to be able to join us. For that reason, if your child misses 2 consecutive classes (out of just 8 sessions this year) without any notification, you will be contacted. If you know that your child will miss 2 or more classes in a row due to travel, please reply to this email.
- Donations for Childcare
- As you know, there is no cost to participate in the study. While there is no cost for individual participants, our non-profit ministry does incur costs for the study overall. If you would like to donate toward our expenses, you can do so by clicking the link below or in person at each session with cash or check. Our largest expense is paying the kids workers each week who are not volunteers. We pay about $150-$220 to our group of workers weekly, putting the total childcare costs for the Hosea study between $1200-$1760. That comes out to about $25 per child for our eight-week study.